Kick start your career - developing salon support
Apply for the Year 2 Programme or become a salon apprentice in a great salon.
NEW ZEALAND CERTIFICATE IN HAIRDRESSING SALON SUPPORT, LEVEL 3
This Level 3 programme of study will equip learners with the knowledge and practical skills required of a Level 3 hairstylist.
Develop a comprehensive set of practical foundation skills and professional salon practices that will allow you to apply for entry into the Year 2 programme or enable you to gain an intermediate position as an apprentice in a salon.
Who can enrol?
- Aged 16+
- NZ citizen or permanent resident
- Serious about a career in hairdressing
- Reasonable level of competence in English and Math.
- Be physically able to carry out the practical components of the programme
- Able to supply a verified birth certificate or passport and evidence of NZ residency
What will you learn?
- Elementary Styling
- Long hair styling
- Cutting Skills
- Highlighting, foiling and colouring
- Trichology and Treatments
- Product knowledge
- Retail and Reception
- Professional salon skills and practices, behaviours and communication skills
- Present a model and participate in a professional photo shoot (portfolio/CV photo included)